Become a Peer Tutor and help other students succeed.
You can join a team of students who help other students succeed in the classroom. Review the job description and requirements below.
Ensuring that students' academic needs are met is the top priority of the Academic Support Center. Tutors are critical to this process and are expected to perform a variety of functions.
All part-time tutors must:
- Be currently enrolled at the university
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA
- Have an A or B in the course you coach
- Have two Faculty recommendations
- Interview with Director of Success Center
- Complete training
Peer Tutors will:
- Help students with subject content in 1:1 and group tutoring sessions.
- Learn about and be able to help students with study strategies and techniques.
- Participate in all Academic Support Center tutor training sessions.
- Get all students they tutor to completely fill out a registration card.
- Request that students fill out a tutor evaluation before leaving the Academic Support Center.
- Completely fill out the tutoring log each time a tutoring session takes place and turn it in by midnight on the 15th and the last day of the month.
- Complete and submit time sheets by midnight on the 15th and the last day of the month.
- Introduce themselves to the classes of the subjects they tutor.
- Commit to tutoring for an entire academic semester.
- Post required available hours each week.
- Check email, voicemail, and text messages daily for requests for tutoring assistance.
- Respond to each request for tutoring within 24 hours. If you cannot help the student then suggest another tutor.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of tutoring material and services.
Recommend a tutor
CTX Peer Tutors are Concordia University Texas students who have an an outstanding academic record and are dedicated to assisting fellow students in the learning process. If you have any questions, please contact Aaron Graf at 512-313-5031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in becoming a peer tutor and meet the above qualifications, please fill out the information below and submit.